Monday, April 16, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Pablano Lime Corn



First of all let me just say that I am a Texas Girl. I am a mountain girl. I am a Texas mountain girl. And I LOVE beef! We raise our own beef (Longhorns because the meat is incredible) but I am also a Texas Mountain Girl trying to lose weight.

During this weight loss endeavor I have truly made a lifestyle change. I have not dieted, but have just changed the way I cook, and the things I eat. I have learned that you can have the items you love, just in moderation and make them healthy as possible. Annnnnnnnnd enters the chicken burger. 

I was skeptical, I will say that first. But WOW was it good. This will be a new staple at my dinner table.

Ingredients:.
1/4 cup light sour cream (Fat free)
1/4 cup reduced fat blue cheese (I don't add this) I use fat free
blue cheese dressing. 
 1Tblsp Blue Cheese crumbles (I didn't use this either)
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
1/2 teaspoon celery salt (optional)

1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce

4 Kaiser rolls, split (Low Cal- Low Fat burger buns, I used Sara Lee 80 calorie whole wheat))
4 leaves green lettuce
1/2 cup diced celery

Directions:
1.      Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the
grate. Stir the sour cream, blue cheese, and Worcestershire sauce
together in a small bowl; set aside.

2.      Mix the ground chicken, 1/4 cup hot sauce, celery salt, poultry
seasoning, paprika, and cayenne pepper together in a mixing bowl until
evenly blended. Form into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.


3.      Cook the chicken burgers on the preheated grill 6 to 7 minutes
until well marked. Make sure grill is very hot or they will stick. Spray the uncooked top of the burger with cooking spray, and flip the burgers over. Brush the cooked side with 1
tablespoon hot sauce, and continue cooking until no longer pink in the
center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes more. An instant-read
thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees
F (74 degrees C).


4.      To assemble the burgers, place a lettuce leaf on each roll bottom.
Top with a burger patty, then spoon on 2 tablespoons of blue cheese
sauce, and 2 tablespoons celery. Place the top of the roll on top to
finish the sandwich.

Pablano Lime Corn

I roasted a Pablano Pepper Stove Top until it was tender inside and charred outside.


Then added 1/2 stick of softened unsalted butter and the juice and pulp of one lime


Got out the Handy Dandy immersion blender and immersed. 


Covered fresh Corn on the Cob


Grill the corn on medium low heat for about 20 minutes turning a few times. Then unwrap and finish grilling for about another 15 minutes. Sprinkle with a little salt and Viola...yummy corn. 

With this meal I also grilled Sweet Potatoes. Because I love them  and they are so much lower in calories and carbs than a regular potato. My general grilled sweet potato is tossed in light maple syrup, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and white pepper. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment