Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome the First Day of Fall Dinner

I love love love love fall. More than anytime of year fall is the time of year I come alive. It is beautiful here in Colorado, the air is cool and crisp, the colors are changing into a wonderful painted landscape for all the world look at, and everything is settling in for winter. Magical time of year. Today was the first day of fall. Summer ended here in the mountains with an amazing sunset that said, "Good bye my friend - see you next year" 


I was surfing some of my favorite blogs the other day when I ran across this post from  "My Italian Grandmother". I knew then that this was perfect fall food and it was begging me to make it. 

And make it I did...it was fantastic and will be made more often in this house! Below are a few pictures from the adventures, but if you want the full recipe see the link for My Italian Grandmother above. The only thing really different I did was add the jalapeno and added white pepper to the chorizo.

 
 

Peach Crisp made from the Apple Cobbler Preserves put up last week, I used Special K Granola instead of all the sugars and flours, and added a few craisins to the topping.



The Butter Beans were canned last week as well. This was the perfect first day of fall dinner! One that will certainly be repeated here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment